08 May 2012

Instagram Camera?

As we all know (OK, some knew...), Instagram had been bought over by Facebook for a whopping $1 billion dollars! That's a lot of money! If I were the founder, I would be laughing my teeth off! After that, I'll be thinking how to spend my money! Perhaps I'll take a year's break and go on a round the world tour! After which, I'll probably find a place to migrate, buy a house and a car and find a new job (or find a new idea!). OK, I digress... Hahaha~


Anyway, a friend of mine sent me a link about this Instagram Camera (<-click the link here)! PetaPixel featured this as a instant camera which allows you to edit the picture taken with this camera on its large touch screen, share it online and print them instantly!



(Image credit: PetaPixel)

The photos seemed to come with a sticky-note style adhesive or magnetic strips that allow you to stick them up a wall or fridge! It is also rumoured that the photos will come with a QR code that can be scanned by people to be linked to your work. My personal view on this QR code is divided. The idea is good, but I am not sure how they are going to make the QR code personal only to you. I mean, imagine printing tons of these instant photos by the bulk, so how can the QR code be personal to your account? I don't know, but I'm definitely staying tuned to this.

Would love to have it if the price is right for both the camera and the films. But then again, Singapore is such a damn small country with a damn tiny market that no one bothers to bring in to Singapore. Only third party stores are bringing them in but the prices will be inflated several times which doesn't make it economical to us consumers. If I were a company, a good test ground is actually Singapore where there are many techno-philes (I came up with this word) who are willing and most importantly, able to afford these new gadgets. I'd definitely love to be one of the testers for the pilot test should the camera be realised! I'm hoping I can be noticed due to my puny reputation...

If any one of you readers (my dear beloved loyal readers) happen to know of any avenues to get a hand on this camera, do recommend me! Haha~ I'll be eternally grateful! ^__^

No comments:

Post a Comment